Exclusive website for Bamboo information "Bamboo Info" launched
National Bamboo Mission (NBM) conducted “The National Workshop of Bamboo Sector Development” in New Delhi on 10th March 2023. The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. Abhilaksh Likhi, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. Inaugural session was graced by the Ambassador of Myanmar, Mr. Moe Kyaw Aung, Ambassador Serbia, Mr. Sinisa Pavic, Ms. Nita Pokhrel Aryal, Minister Economics, Nepal, Lazer Vukandinovic (Univerzitet UNION Nikola Tesla, Belgrade), & Dr Prabhat Kumar, Horticulture Commissioner, Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
The inaugural session witnessed the launch of bamboo information website by Bamboo Technical Support Group South Zone, Kerala Forest Research Institute (BTSG - KFRI) - Bamboo Info (https://www.bambooinfo.in/) an exclusive website for bamboo information including bamboo species, cultivation, activities of BTSG-KFRI, and a database of artisans, researchers, farmers, plantations and nurseries is maintained by BTSG-KFRI.
This was followed by the launch of a book “Different Eco-friendly Bamboo Products and Business Opportunities” authored by the Foundation for MSME clusters and a short film by NBM showcasing the scope of the Indian Bamboo Sector.
The context of the workshop was set in by Horticulture Commissioner Dr. Prabhat Kumar. He highlighted that the rising awareness of the use of sustainable and eco-friendly products, increasing investments in infrastructure development and the use of sustainable construction materials are the major growth drivers for Bamboo. To elaborate further on the discussion, 5 technical sessions were conducted which included presentations from experts in the bamboo industry as well as interactive directions with the delegates.
Shri Naveen Kumar Patle, Additional Commissioner (Horticulture), delivered the vote of thanks for the session on "India's Vision for Bamboo”, giving special thanks to Invest India, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry, media houses and the delegates of the workshop.
Source: Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India
Published on: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Patent on developing a “Binding matrix for incense sticks or cones”
- Lightweight bamboo electric vehicles by Engineering Students
- Exclusive website for Bamboo information "Bamboo Info" launched
- "World's First" Bamboo Crash Barrier In Maharashtra
- Himachal to start pilot project for bio-energy production from bamboo
- Kannadippaya (bamboo mirror mat) to find its way to GI registry soon
- India’s first refineries for ethanol production from bamboo
- Bamboo bats could be the next game-changing weapon
- Mysuru students develop tech to replace steel with bamboo for low-carbon homes