Patent on developing a “Binding matrix for incense sticks or cones”
KSCSTE- Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi, has been awarded a patent for developing a “Binding matrix for incense sticks or cones”.
Binding material is one of the essential materials in incense stick production. A typical incense recipe will use just 0.3 ml of the binder for every 15 ml of material on a volume basis. This binding matrix is eco-friendly, less polluting and low-cost compared to the existing ones.
The issued patent is valid from 11th January 2022 to the next twenty years in accordance with the provision of the Intellectual Property India patent act 1970. Thanks to the National Bamboo Mission under the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Govt of India, for the support and guidance.
Source: KFRI Bulletin
Published on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
- Patent on developing a “Binding matrix for incense sticks or cones”
- Lightweight bamboo electric vehicles by Engineering Students
- Exclusive website for Bamboo information "Bamboo Info" launched
- "World's First" Bamboo Crash Barrier In Maharashtra
- Himachal to start pilot project for bio-energy production from bamboo
- Kannadippaya (bamboo mirror mat) to find its way to GI registry soon
- India’s first refineries for ethanol production from bamboo
- Bamboo bats could be the next game-changing weapon
- Mysuru students develop tech to replace steel with bamboo for low-carbon homes